Dataforge is always looking for highly technical and motivated individuals to join our team.
We are a computer-consulting firm in Burlington, Ontario. We have been in business since 1996. Our primary focus is on service, projects and consulting using a variety of technologies and vendors.
Our support technicians are much more then basic computer techs helping users with simple computer problems. We focus on the whole user experience – From specking out new systems to configuring to the exact needs of the users job roll to reviewing customer’s business processes with technology. We are more computer consultants, network administrators then simple service techs.
Basic outline of our technician’s duties
- Provide technical support to users in different companies and multiple different network environments.
- Analyze and implement solutions to complex problems that arise within the user’s job role.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Ensure support tickets are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Stage and configure new and re-purposed workstations for field use.
- Setup new user’s accounts, permissions, mail in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Mobile device troubleshooting for mobile devices like android, iOS, Black Berry.
- Create and administer virtual machines.
Basic outline of technical roll requirements
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Effective time management skills and ability to run multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of server, workstation & printer hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of core network services i.e. DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Mail Flow, etc.
- Working knowledge of virtual machines using VMware / Hyper-V
Considered an asset
- Ability to work independently
• Project management skills
• Service desk and network administration experience including creating and maintaining users.